Product: Breg Recover Knee Brace
Where to Purchase: CSA Medical Supply
Sizes: XS – XXXL (diameter) and either a long or short version
Material: Airmesh or Neoprene
Recommended Uses: Post Operation or Injury Recovery for Either Right or Left Knee
A Product Overview for the Breg Recover Knee Brace
AS THE name implies, this brace is designed to help support a knee (either right or left) after surgery or injury. It does this by wrapping around the leg, both above and below the knee, which adds needed stability.
It also incorporates an adjustable hinge to limit range of motion, which will keep the injury from being stressed and strained before it is ready.
Once your knee has sustained significant damage, it will need the assistance provided by this type of knee brace to recover. Bearing your full weight while the knee is compromised and unprotected, will only lead to further damage and longer recovery time.
What Type of Damage Will it Help?
This is a very versatile knee brace and easy to use, so it will help a wide array of problems. It can be used for:
- Tendon issues – Patella Tendon
- Ligament damage – ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL
- Sprains and strains.
- Soft tissue damage
- Cartilage problems
- Osteochondral repairs
This is not a sleeve type of brace that has to be pulled up over the foot and onto the knee, which can be painful when your knee is compromised in some way. This is a wraparound knee brace, making it very easy to use and adjust to the right position.
I’ve touched on some features above, but I will go over them again, and add some new ones here.
- It has what they call a T Scope hinge built-in on the exterior of the brace. This allows it to be locked into 5 different positions. There is a button to push which easily allows you to adjust the angle on the go. (long version pictured above)
- Open back to prevent bunching up behind the knee (short version shown above)
- Choice of 2 materials – Neoprene or Airmesh
- Hook & Loop fasteners for easy on/off and adjustments for snugness
- 2 versions – long or short
- Many sizes from XS – XXXL (sizing chart with instructions to pick the right one on website)
- Will fit either the right or left knee
What Can You Share?
Have you had any experiences with any type of knee brace that you can share? Your thoughts could help someone else reading this review, even if it doesn’t pertain to this specific knee brace. Please leave your comment or question below. I will respond asap!
Thank you for reading this review, and I hope your knee heals as quickly as possible.
All the best,
Disclaimer: I am trained in a holistic modality, but not as a doctor, so this post or website should not be taken as medical advice. Please do your own research. Material on this blog is the result of either my own experience or research, and is provided for informational purposes only. It is general information that may not apply to your specific situation, and is not a substitute for your own doctor’s medical care or advice.
Please use discernment in the consideration of purchasing any type of health related products via the internet. Educating yourself prior to buying is always suggested and recommended.