Product: DDS Cervitrac Cervical Traction Collar
Where to Purchase: CSA Medical Supply
Sizes: Small (11.5 – 14.5 inches) Large (14.6 – 17.5 inches)
Recommended usage: 15-30 minutes per day and 2-3 times per day
Drug free correction and management of neck issues and related pain
A Product Overview for the DDS Cervitrac Cervical Traction Collar
Many types of pain are the result of compressed nerves, and this is very often the case in the neck. When muscles around the cervical spine become stressed from a variety of reasons, they can pull cervical vertebrae out of alignment, which in turn can exert pressure on nerves exiting the spinal column.
The main goal of any neck brace is to immobilise the neck and limit its movement to allow for healing from pain.
One useful and practical “tool” for alleviating this pain and pressure is a traction collar. This particular one that I am presenting to you here, is of a unique design for a few reasons.
- It is the first to use (and acquire 4 US patents for) Vertical Air Pressure Technology, which is air pressure inside a flexible belt that is located around the collar. This allows the user to gradually increase the pressure each day, until the recommended 15psi is reached. It gently expands and lifts the head upward by pushing downward on the shoulders. This action creates traction, which increases the space between the cervical vertebrae, thereby taking the pressure off the affected nerves and allows for natural re-alignment of vertebral structures.
- It can be used standing, walking, or sitting, but also has a feature that allows it to be used while in the supine position (laying face up). If you find more comfort in laying down, there is a separate stand (included) that can be connected to the neck brace, and this will give the same benefits as when upright.The removable stand provides you the freedom to receive the benefits of cervical traction in the supine position or upright for unrestricted mobility.
- The contoured frontal 100% cotton lined collar is soft and ergonomically designed to provide comfort, support and stability. Designed to conform to the natural curvature of the spine whereas others are designed without this curvature.
- It has an easy-to-read gauge on the hand pump. You will know exactly how much air pressure you are using. Similar products do not incorporate this feature, making it impossible to know how much pressure you’re using, or to replicate it when necessary.
The combined purpose of immobilization and traction, gives this brace advantages over others in my opinion. If the root cause of the pain isn’t eliminated (nerves being pinched), to simply immobilize the neck will not be nearly as effective.
Spinal decompression reveals promising results for the future, and effective management, for individuals with all types of disc disease and spinal injuries.
Typical Indications That Would Warrant Using This Brace
There are multiple reasons for using this brace – here are the more common ones:
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis
- Compression fracture in the cervical vertebrae
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Cervical arthritis
- Degenerative vertebrae(s)
- Compressions and/or radiculopathies
- Pinched nerve(s)
- Spinal stenosis
What Others Say About It
SInce I haven’t had the need to use a brace of this type, I had to seek out others who have used it, to get their feedback and comments.
First of all, as we all know, not everyone who uses a product is willing to share their experiences and review it. This was evident here, as reviews were few and far between. What I found however, were very glowing, high mark comments – as in many of them being 5 out of 5 stars!
~ One account stated that it saved him from surgery. After getting advice from his doctor that surgery was recommended, he opted for a natural approach and was delighted with his choice.
~ One review of note: while this person was impressed with the quality in manufacturing, the advice/warning given in the review was not to get it if TMJ is, or was, present.
~ A woman writes that it is an enormous help with the arthritis in her neck, along with chiropractic sessions. Her husband also uses it and gets relief from numbness in his fingers ( a case of nerves originating in the neck and traveling down the arm, being impinged).
~ Another man was waiting to have a laminectomy operation and used this brace in the interim. He realized the brace would not cure this particular problem, but it gave him relief from the pain and pressure and made the waiting much more bearable.
~ This man writes that it does put a lot of force on your jaw/chin (another case of: you shouldn’t use it if there is a TMJ problem), and adds that the product is very well-made with high quality materials. While he currently is not having any pain, (due to having used the brace regularly) he now uses it every three or four days for 30 minutes.
~ A doctor tells of his neck injury in September, and by December, he was able to go skiing! He had tried 2 other devices prior to purchasing the DDS Cervitrac Cervical Traction Collar – one didn’t work at all, and the other actually made his neck worse. He received complete relief from the first time he used the DDS brace and said it became his “security blanket” – he took it with him everywhere he went 😉 He now highly recommends it to his patients.
~ I found one person who had high praise for the customer service. There was a small leak that developed in the air pump and was sent a replacement in very quick order.
The few other remarks were all complementary and gave a general “thumbs up” with how effective a brace this is.
The Wrap Up
Being in the holistic health care field myself, I know a good bit about how the spine works, how different conditions/ailments can affect it, and what would work to help a particular situation.
I can easily and logically understand how the principles behind this unique neck brace will not only give relief via the decompression (traction) of the vertebrae, but that action will also allow any nerve damage/impingement to be rectified.
I definitely would buy this product should the need ever arise!
What do you think? Do you have an injury were this brace would help? Care to share?Please leave your comment(s) below and I will reply within 24 hours.
Wishing you all the best on your path to well-being!