Product – DonJoy X-Act ROM Hip Brace
Price – $499.00
Where to Purchase – CSA Medical Supply
One Size Fits Most – Either Right or Left Hip
Lightweight and durable
Why Would You Need a Hip Brace Stabilizer?
SO YOU have dealt with hip pain due to the “ball & socket” being worn out, and most likely for a long time.
Now you have had the dreaded operation to have “hardware” put in to replace what God gave you.
After all that pain and angst, it would be a shame to suffer complications post-op! The newly operated on hip, is tender and vulnerable. You may have concerns about the joint letting loose and dislocating before it fully heals and is accepted by your body.
This is where a brace like this (DonJoy X-Act ROM Hip Brace Stabilizer) is ideal to take away your worries.
Let’s look closer …….
Attributes of the DonJoy X-Act ROM Hip Brace Stabilizer
- First of all, this is a lighter brace than others of its kind, making it more comfortable right off the bat. This is probably one of the larger type of braces that a person would wear, so with this in mind, you want it as light as possible, while still giving high quality support and comfort.
- It has an adjustable, wraparound compression belt that will give low back support. When a leg is compromised in some way, the body automatically compensates as best it can, but not without consequences, such as back ache.
- You need to limit your range of motion while healing, which is provided by an adjustable “Virtual” joint, and at the same time gives much needed stability. This unique joint can easily be set to limit the forward & backward movement, along with the “to and away” action of the hip.
- While it is designed to adjust to fit most waist and leg sizes, it would be advisable to contact SCA Medical Supply if you happen to be larger than most.
- “Abduction paddle” built in. This is a pad located at or near the hip joint, to keep inward pressure and thus prevent the femur head from dislocating from the acetabulum socket.
- This unique hip brace stabilizer utilizes a 3-point control system: #1- the waist compression belt #2- hip pad (abduction paddle) #3 – thigh strap
- May be covered by insurance. A call to SCA Medical Supply can give you further details.
Reviews by Others
Since the reviews I found were not left on my site, I can not quote them word for word. But I will give an overview of what I found.
While it can be worn under clothing, one reviewer who tried this suggests not to. When first trying it under his/her clothes, it caused a rash/sore spot where the brace and the skin contacted via movement. If it wasn’t for this fact, a 5 star rating would have been given. Highly satisfied except the sore ares.
Another person said that since he was short and slender, the width of the compression belt needed to be modified slightly to make it more comfortable. Despite this though, he gave it 4 out of 5 stars and said the construction of it was good, high quality materials, durable, and lightweight. He also said it was easy to get on and off, provided the stability he was looking for, and was easy to adjust.
One reviewer had to wear it 24/7 for 6 weeks after surgery, and found it very effective.
Price was mentioned in 2 reviews. One thought it was too expensive, while the other mentioned that it went through insurance billing at the cost of $1,200! When you look at it that way he said, the $499 is a bargain if paying out-of-pocket.
The Wrap Up
Since I have not personally used this hip brace stabilizer, I have to rely on info presented by the manufacturer and those who have tried it – just as you would. We all have to use discernment when making most online purchases, and that applies here too.
However, if you can shed any more light on this brace, please leave your comment below.
You just might help someone in the process 😉
If you are going through any type of hip trouble, I hope it resolves hastily!
And for more general information on braces of all kinds, please visit my website where I talk about a variety braces and their benefits.
All the best,
Disclaimer: I am trained in a holistic modality, but not as a doctor, so this post or website should not be taken as medical advice. Please do your own research. Material on this blog is the result of either my own experience or research, and is provided for informational purposes only. It is general information that may not apply to your specific situation, and is not a substitute for your own doctor’s medical care or advice.
Please use discernment in the consideration of purchasing any type of health related products via the internet. Educating yourself prior to buying is always suggested and recommended.
Review For: DonJoy Hip Brace ( The Best Hip Brace Stabilizer! )
Product - DonJoy X-Act ROM Hip Brace Price - $499.00 Where to Purchase - CSA Medical Supply One Size Fits Most - Either Right or Left Hip Lightweight and d