PRODUCT: Pro-Tec Athletics Hamstring Compression Wrap
WHERE TO BUY: Amazon
SIZE: One size fits all
FEATURES: 4″ x 6″ compression pad built in
One of the Better Hamstring Support Wraps
ONE OF the hazards of playing many sports, is a hamstring injury, and this is where hamstring support wraps can help the healing process.
The vast majority of the time, hamstring injuries are caused by the group of muscles at the back of the thigh (known as the hamstrings) being overstretched, overstrained, partially torn, or completely torn by sudden harsh movement(s).
Examples would be a quick jump, a sudden sprint, or lunging sideways. Once the hamstrings have been injured, they are susceptible to being reinjured.
To avoid this from happening, it’s always best to do some warm up exercises/stretching before physical activity, and and ongoing strengthening regime to keep the muscles toned and pliable.
Hamstring Support Wraps From Pro-Tec
Here are the features of the model I chose as being highly beneficial for hamstring injury recovery:
- 2 Velcro straps make it easy to adjust to the right amount of compression and comfort
- A large, 4″ x 6″ compression pad designed to put much needed tension/compression on specific muscles – *this is the key feature I would look for in hamstring support wraps*
- Made of UBL neoprene which is very comfortable, stays in place by “adhering” to the skin, and allows the velcro straps to adhere anywhere on the wrap
- Easy to apply
- One size fits all – no need to worry about ordering the correct size
- Absorbs strain and stress and thereby stabilizes the hamstring, allowing the injured muscles to recover
- Pain is reduced due to the compression from the pad on the muscles
How Do I know if I Need One of These Hamstring Support Wraps?
First of all, there are 3 grades of hamstrings injuries.
Grade 1 – would be a mild strain or pull of the muscle(s)
Grade 2 – is a partial muscle tear
Grade 3 – you guessed it …. a full tear in one of the muscles
If you experienced Grd #1 pull, you would feel a quick pain in the back of your leg, along with tenderness. While muscle strength shouldn’t be affected, there may be discomfort or pain associated with moving the leg.
With a Grd #2 mild tear, the pain and tenderness will be elevated beyond mild. If there is bruising and/or swelling on the hamstring, together with weakened muscles, those are signs of the Grd #2 partial muscle tear.
For Grd #3 symptoms, you will all of the above indicators in a very painful way. In addition to the swelling, pain, tenderness, and bruising, you may also hear a “popping” sound and/or sensation as the muscle completely tears. This will cause loss of use of the affected leg as well.
>> More info available on MY BLOG <<
What Are Others Saying About the Pro-Tec Athletics Hamstring Compression Wrap?
Using Amazon reviews from 11 hamstring compression wrap users, 82% are giving it 4 or 5 stars, and the other 18% (2 people) were at 2 or 3 stars …… can you please all the people all the time?
- Ian had a Grade 2 tear and was able to get away without painkillers thanks to wearing the Pro-Tec wrap. Awesome hamstring support he states.
- Trevor reported that it worked well. The only problem he faced was some itchiness. (maybe some talcum powder would have helped him with that)
- From Glynis – it worked superbly well while giving excellent support.
- Expectations were met on every level for Simon, and he said he would strongly recommend it!
- On the 3 star side of things, FJ said it was good for the mid-hamstring area, but lacked support for a higher hamstring issue. Also had it slipping down with long use due to sweat.
From another source comes these comments – this man bought it not for hamstring pain, but to help with pain in his thigh post hip replacement. He found relief from discomfort with long periods of standing at trade shows, and said it is very well made. The compression pad was the key aid for him.
And there you have it – the benefits, features, and comments regarding one of the best hamstring support wraps that is made by Pro-Tec.
I invite you to leave your thoughts, questions, or experiences below regarding hamstring support wraps.
Prompt replies can be expected! 🙂
Take care of those “hammies”!
All the best,
Disclaimer: I am trained in a holistic modality, but not as a doctor, so this post or website should not be taken as medical advice. Please do your own research. Material on this blog is the result of either my own experience or research, and is provided for informational purposes only. It is general information that may not apply to your specific situation, and is not a substitute for your own doctor’s medical care or advice.
Please use discernment in the consideration of purchasing any type of health related products via the internet. Educating yourself prior to buying is always suggested and recommended.